For hand-picked memories that last a lifetime, now’s the time to visit Arbor Day Farm in Nebraska City, Nebraska. Whether you pick apples in the orchard, sip cider pressed on-site, or snack on a hand-dipped caramel apple, you’ll find classic fall season experiences all around this 260-acre property.
- Pick your own apples in the orchard. See when your favorite varieties document are at the peak of freshness.
- Shop for pre-picked apples by the bag or the bushel at the Apple House Market.
- Savor the season’s best flavors: apple pies, caramel apples, apple cider, and more.
- Taste the apples of yesteryear in the Preservation Orchard—65 varieties of heirloom apples no longer available in stores.
- Zigzag your way through the corn maze.
- Choose the perfect pumpkin from the patch.
- Climb aboard the Discovery Ride for a journey into the orchards or a free hayrack ride for general Arbor Day Farm transportation.
This and so much more is waiting for you to explore. Find a complete list of fall season events on our Events Calendar.
Applejack Festival date Sept. 18–20, 2015
Nebraska City’s annual celebration of the apple harvest—known as the Applejack Festival—now celebrates its 47th year of fun, food, and apples, of course. Arbor Day Farm marks Applejack every year with fun activities and special events for the whole family.
- Pick apples in the orchard or buy them pre-picked in the Apple House Market.
- Peruse the craft show with 40+ booths at the Historic Barns.
- Enjoy live music, face painting, bubble making, and food trucks.
- Stop by the Model A car display at Arbor Lodge State Historical Park.
Download the Fall 2015 Event Schedule document
Your guide to fall season fun at Arbor Day Farm
Dates of Interest This Fall Season
date August 28 Orchards open for you-pick
date September 18–20 Applejack Festival all around Nebraska City
date October 3–4 Tree climbing at the Tree Adventure
date October 11 Oktoberfest Celebration at the Tree Adventure
date October 17 Scout Day at the Tree Adventure
date October 24–25 Halloween Weekend at the Tree Adventure